There is so much information about this industry that it can be confusing where to even start.
If you are considering becoming a real estate agent, this article will give you some insight as to what you should know to get started in this new and exciting career.
You might wonder just what the job involves, what kinds of salary you may expect to make, or you get clients.
A career in real estate means that a lot of things for many people, however here are some key factors that make a career in real estate ideal for you:
- A very flexible schedule that you manage
- Entrepreneurial business opportunity
- The ability to help others
- An exciting and enjoyable career
- Easy and not expensive to get started
Wondering If Now Is Really the Best Time to Go into the Real Estate Industry?
The real estate market has historically had its downs and ups, however, there’s never been a better time to get started with a career in real estate.
Ask yourself these questions to determine if real estate is right for you:
- Have you been eager for a new career?
- Are you ready to take control of your own future?
- How hot or cold is the real estate market in my area? Do some research online and at a local real estate agent to see what’s happening in your area.
Did you answer YES to one or more of these questions?
If so, then you’re a great candidate to get started in this career.
Continue reading and we’ll give you all you want to know to get started today!
How Much Income Can I Make as a Real Estate Salesperson?
Just like many other self-employed professions, annual income for realtors can differ wildly.
Factors to consider when determining your income potential include:
- Your location and the economy
- If you work full-time or part-time status
- The brokerage your affiliated with
- The housing prices and trends in your area
Most real estate professionals have an annual income that ranges from $20,000 to $1 million or more per year!
The role you play in each transaction will differ from client to client and from day to day.
If you love diversity and looking at the big picture, you’ll adore being in the real estate market.
When working with a seller, an agent’s role and skillset might include:
- Marketing and Branding
- Photographer and Videographer
- Professional Stager
- Property Promoter
- Market and Property Analysis Expert
- Social Media Expert
- Sales Negotiator
When Working with a Buyer, an Agent’s Roles Can Include:
- Tour Guide & Driver
- Interior Decorator
- Construction Advisor
- Landscape Architect
- Market Expert
As you can see, the sphere of real estate is encompassed by big life changes such as:
As well as some of the most thrilling things about the sector are the constant changes and energy.
Every single day brings new challenges and successes and, through education, we are with you every step along the way.
How to Get Your Real Estate License
Getting your Texas real estate license is not nearly as frightening as you may be imagining.
Follow these guidelines to start down the route to getting licensed as a sales agent:
- Signup with an approved online real estate school provider
- Carefully finish the qualifying sales agent pre-licensing course
- Complete your actual real state course exams
- Pick a broker to support you through the process
- Schedule the real estate licensing exam
- Complete the state application to get your license
- Once your application is approved, you’re a licensed real estate professional
- Maintain a schedule for your post-licensing, if needed, and continuing education as your permit comes due for renewal
Hopefully, you now see just how rewarding a career change into the real estate industry can be.